29.11.07

Sinterklaas

This last Sunday I was in the market when suddenly I met Santa walking around. Yes he was dressed with red clothes and wearing and old fashioned white beard, but he was not alone or with his reindeers, he was with his helper, zwarte piet, from Morocco.

Because Santa, in this land Sinterklaas, is from Spain. I assure you is not a patriotic act of expropriation. This is one of this astonishing surprises that traditions give you when you are far away.

Well, what to say, his a nice guy and speaks really good Dutch. He arrives every year by boat from Spain at the start of November. He spend the month walking around, asking if you have been a good kid and giving cookies to the audience. The night of December 5th he works hard to leave gifts all around the country.

*Clicking a few more, of him and the typical cookies of this days.
** And if you want to know something more



No comments: