The first impression of Stockholms remembered Paris to me but this similarity dissipates in the moment you see the waterfront. Stockholm is situated over several islands so the waterfront is everywhere; the water is sometimes more busy that the streets (there are thousands of boats). The other difference is the silence, Stockholm is a big city, there is quite a lot of people in the streets but you don't feel to be in a crowded place. I'm pretty sure that two Spanish make more noise than a 100 Swedish.
As I only had one day to visit the city after the workshop (yes I came here to work) I walked and cycled around. I have only visited one museum: the Vasa. This museum is quite estrange one, it only has one attraction, but is quite big: a huge 17th century ship that sank in his first trip. On the 50's they found it and managed to refloat and restore it, a process that took several years.
My overall impression is that Stockholm is a really nice city to visit (and with incredible goodlooking inhabitants) but is not in my list of places I could leave in. The pictures link to the complete album.
No comments:
Post a Comment